My Would-Be Self

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mizu sighed with relief. It was over, and Isan was okay after all. Her necklace flashed and changed back to normal.

"Phew! That was tough!" Rei panted.

Mizu nodded her head in agreement, then turned her attention to the conversation.

"Ooh! Dinner? Sounds great! I've never been there before. Just hang on a second. I need to let my family know," Mizu said, then turned away and pulled her phone out of her pocket.

Mizu typed in the number on the rubbery buttons, then held the phone to her ear and waited. It rang. And rang. And rang. Finally Mizu's mother picked up.

About time! Mizu thought. That buzzing was about to drive me crazy!

"Hi, Mom?" she said. "It's Mizu. I'm going out to dinner with my friends tonight. Yeah. Okay. Right, I won't. Thanks! Bye!" she spoke, pausing in between sentences waiting answers.

Mizu hung up and slipped her phone back into her pocket, then turned around.

"I'm in!" she smiled. "What about you, Isan-kun?"

She looked up as a big, cold raindrop landed on her nose.

"Aaaagggghhhh!!!" Rei screamed. "Global warming has taken its toll! We're all gonna die!!!" She flew around in little circles, panicking.

Mizu laughed. "It's just rain, Rei. Jeez, you really overreact about everything, don't you?" Mizu reached down into her tote bag and took out a dark blue jacket, which she slipped on over her tank-top.

"Here," she said, beckoning for Rei to sit in the pockets.

Rei snuggled in, quite content with the warm fuzzy material of the pocket's insides and the thought of a yummy dinner to come.

"Ahh, refreshing... but not good for dinner!" Cain said as he and Onerai ran under an awning. "Let's get to Nagoya street as fast as we can..."

"Onerai and Cain ran from awning to awning, trying to escape the rain.

(I know it's not 4 sentences, but NOTHING'S HAPPENING UNTIL WE ALL GET THERE! lol)

(Isan's been sleeping this whole time, so I'm just going to have him wake up now.)

Isan blinked as he slowly woke up. He thought he felt something wet fall against his face, and when he touched his face he felt water. "Nnggh...rain?" He croaked, still half asleep. Suddenly, he snapped awake and say up quickly. "Rain!" He scrambled onto his feet, stuffing the beach blanket back into his beach bag as fast as he could.

Crush floated over to Isan. "Duude, chill. Ya just passed out a lil' while ago..."

Isan looked up at Crush and smiled briefly. "I'm fine." He then proceeded to pull out an umbrella from his big bag, opening it up above himself just before the rain started really coming down. Isan sighed in relief.

Romeo huddled with Isan and Crush under the umbrella. "Ándale, amigos. I don't want to be caught in the rain much longer!"

"Yeah, I agree. So, Cain-kun, lead the way to the restaurant!" Isan said, smiling sweetly. His face was still flushed pink from the recent battle, and his mind was a little muddled so he couldn't quite think clearly. As a result, Isan was smiling a little too sweetly at Cain-kun, his feelings for him sneaking to the surface briefly due to Isan's current weakened mental state.

Romeo giggled, correctly interpreting the dazed look on Isan's face. "Ay caramba, Isan better get a hold on himself soon, no? Heehee~" Crush chuckled a little too, as he wasn't completely oblivious to what was going on.

O...kay... Well,anyway, lets go..." Cain said staring at Isan... awkwardly...

*timeskip* After a while the rain stopped and they arrived at the restaurant a little while later.

After ordering their food Cain got du gigot d'agneau, des roti do boeuf, and some tarte aux pommes for everyone to share (leg of lamb, roast beef, and apple pie for all).

Cain sat munching on some roast beef. "Mmm! Tastes like French food, and after my trip to France this really tastes authentic! Extravagant!" He said, tearing off a piece for Onerai.

"Mmmm!" The miniature Cain said with delight. "Agreed!" He exclaimed.

"Itadakimasu!"

Isan, taking a bite of his roast beef, blushed from the sheer deliciousness of it. He cupped his cheek with his palm dreamily. "Ehhhh~ It's so good! French people really know how to cook."

Romeo nodded enthusiastically in agreement, his cheeks puffed out with food. "Mmhmm! MmfmmbmmhmmMM!" Isan and Crush stared at Romeo with questioning looks, but Romeo just shrugged and continued to gorge himself on the food.

Isan waggled his finger disapprovingly at Romeo. "Romeo-kun, don't talk with your mouth full." He chastised.

Wiggle wiggle

Crush, who was sitting on Isan's beach bag, looked down at the pink bag curiously. "Nani? That was totally weird..." He scratched his head, confused as to why the bag had shook beneath him just then.

Yuna ordered a Pomegranate-Banana Shake, and then some chicken wings and pizza.

She ate her food with poise and ate politely, ordering many towelettes to wipe her mouth.

"So how are your guys' marks? I'm getting straight A's, as usual.... Except for Gym."

Mizu closed her eyes as she sat down in the dim glow of the restaurant, trying to warm up after hurrying through the storm. Her jacket was soaked, as was Rei. Rei shook herself violently, then settled on the table cloth, wrapping her arms around herself and shivering.

The food was ordered. When it arrived, Mizu sniffed, inhaling the good smell.

"Arigato!" she said, then cut her piece of roast beef with her fork.

Mizu took a bite. It was tender, kind of melted in your mouth.

"Mmm! This is delicious! Try some, Rei!" she cut a small sliver and handed it to Rei.

Rei munched on her piece.

"Yummy!" she smiled. "Now this is what I call French cooking!"

Mizu nodded in agreement with Rei, then turned her attention to the conversation.

Mizu took a sip of water and brushed her damp blue hair out of her eyes before replying, "Hmm... I've been getting mostly As. I'm having a little trouble in math at the moment though."

Isan placed his fork down on the plate in front of him and sighed. "Yeah, I'm kind of in the same place as Mizu-chan, but not really." He scratched his cheek, embarrassed. "At the moment, I have two A's in chorus and parenting class...and two C's in Calculus BC and Honors Spanish 5."

Romeo, sympathizing with Isan, floated over and patted his head affectionately. "It's weird for Isan-chan, too. He normally accels in Spanish, but Honors Spanish Cinco is a lot more difficult for him than Honors Spanish Cuatro was." Romeo sweatdropped. "Also...both Calculus AB and Calculus BC have given Isan mucho trouble. He managed to get a B in AB, but BC of course is mucho más dificíl and Isan can only manage to keep a C in that class..."

Isan tapped Romeo's nose with his finger. "Thanks, bud. I'll take it from here." Romeo smiled and nodded, floating back down to his food. Isan cleared his throat. "Anyway, I know I'm trying my hardest, so in a way I'm fine with the grades I have. I'll just have to keep up the hard work!" Isan declared, a look of determination in his eyes as he spoke.

WIGGLE WIGGLE

Crush flew up off of the beach bag with a start, and then pointed down at it earnestly. "Guys, Isan's bag TOTALLY just shook right now!" He said. This time, he was definitely sure of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mizu looked up in surprise.

"Really? Maybe your last egg is going to hatch, Isan-kun!" she said.

Rei finished chewing her piece of roast beef.

"I hope it does! I wonder what kind of character it'll be," she cried excitedly, tearing off a piece of Mizu's napkin and wiping her mouth.

"I hope it's a girl, who actually has a sense of fashion!" Said Adrianna, looking at Romeo.

"Adrianna, stop that!" Yuna said. Pulling Adrianna into her bag. "Well, maybe it might be a girl, because you already have two. But you never know."

Yuna ate another bite of her salad, and wiped her mouth very nicely.

"Poise Yuna, Poise," Yuna thought. "Gotta make an impression that I'm not some impatient girl that gets mad at times."

Mizu took another swig of water.

"Yeah, or maybe it'll be someone just like me! Someone who loves the earth!" Rei's eyes sparkled with excitement.

"I wouldn't count on it, Rei. Goodness knows the world doesn't two of you," Mizu said, rolling her eyes.

"Hey! Some people are actually concerned with the future of the world!" Rei glared at Mizu.

"I'm not saying I don't. I'm saying that people normally don't obsess over it like you," Mizu retorted.

Romeo huffed, crossing his arms and puffing out a cheek. "I do SO have a sense of fashion..." He mumbled. Watching Yuna pull Adrianna into her bag, Romeo pulled down his bottom right eyelid with his right pointer finger while simultaneously sticking his tongue out at Adrianna; essentially, Romeo had just flicked her off.

Meanwhile, Isan was rummaging around in his giant beach bag for the third egg. He was having a good amount of difficulty trying to find it among the many items contained in the bag. "Where is it, where is it...aha!" He exclaimed, holding the pink Sakura blossom egg in front of his face. "Found you!" He then returned to his seat, placed the pink plaid egg in the center of the table, and began to stare at it with anticipation.

A few minutes passed, and absolutely nothing happened. Isan rapped his fingernails on the tabletop, sighing. "Come on now, little guy. Please hatch for me; pretty please?" He asked the egg, not being serious in the least.

Okay.

Isan's jaw dropped open as he watched the pink egg rise into the air. He had NOT expected to receive a response; it was such a delicate little voice, too.

Unlike Isan's first two eggs, the third egg hatched quickly and efficiently, the two eggshell halves popping apart before Isan could think twice about it. In its place floated a tiny, pretty girl. Her skin was olive toned, ever so slightly darker than Isan's skin. The girl's eyes were slanted and almond shaped, with think beautiful eyelashes. Beneath her long eyelashes were a pair of deep pink eyes that's penetrating stare would seem to bore into one's very soul. She had a pleasant smile upon her lips, giving her a feminine air. Interesting was her fashion choice, which was sort of a combination of a sweet lolita dress with a traditional furisode kimono. Also, tied around her waist was a gorgeous purple obi. She wore white lacey knee-high tabi socks, and on her feet a pair of old-fashioned geta sandals. The little girl's hair was curly like Isan's, but longer and light pink in color. Tucked in her hair was her signature pink cherry blossom, completing her image.

The female Shugo Chara bowed respectfully, her hands clasped appropriately in front of her, and after straightening back up she opened her mouth to speak. "Konichiwa, I am Hime. I am very preased to meet you." Hime's eyes turned upward to match her smile, and she tilted her head to the side coyly.

Isan's eyes sparkled admiringly. "K-Konichiwa, Hime-chan!" He was surprised, but still excited to have given birth to a girl Guardian Chara. It'll be a nice change of pace from Romeo and Crush. Isan snapped his fingers, "Oh! That reminds me: Romeo, Crush-kun, come over here and greet your little sister!" Isan beckoned to his other two Guardian Charas.

Romeo zoomed over immediately, a big grin plastered on his face. "Hola, Hime! I'm Romeo!" He then proceeded to hug Hime tightly.

Hime, however, seeing the hug coming from a mile away, squirmed out of Romeo's grasp. She gasped, blushing with embarrassment. "Prease don't touch me like sat. Sat was very awkward for me." She explained, looking down at her feet and holding her hands beneath her chin.

Romeo froze, a hand held to his heart. "Agh, my affection has been rejected by my own sister! I cannot go on in life with such heartache!" Romeo swooned and fake-fainted onto Isan's lap.

Isan sweatdropped. "Romeo, you drama queen. Hime-chan did nothing of the sort." Looking back up at Hime, Isan couldn't help but 'Squee!" and squirm in his seat. "Eeeee! Kawaii desuuu!"

Hime's blush deepened, and she covered her face with her furisode sleeves. "You fratter me, Isan-kun..." This only led to Isan squealing even more from cuteness overload, and then to Hime's further embarrassment.

Crush bowed to Hime. "Hello, Hime. I'm Crush, you're younger-older bro. I hope we can be good pals!" He gave her the thumbs up. Hime, surprised by Crush's semi-understanding of Japanese greetings, nodded appreciatively at him. Her blush had died down by now as well, and now her cheeks were only a little bit pinker than usual.

"Arigato, Crush-kun..." Hime then looked back at Isan, floating down so that she was on eye-level with him. "Isan-kun, I am se physicar form of your desire to be se quiet saint sat everyone at school sinks you are. I also represent your desire to be a more domestic Japanese person, and sat secret desire of yours to know what it is rike to be a girr."

Isan freaked out at that last part. "WHAT?! I definitely do NOT secretly want to know what being a girl is like!!" He shouted, immediately regretting doing so and covering his mouth with both hands. Baka... He thought, mentally slapping himself. "Thanks a lot, Hime..." He whispered to her.

Hime tilted her head in confusion. "You are wercome...?" She replied, completely innocent to the fact that she had just caused Isan immense embarrassment.

(Yes, I decided to give Hime-chan an adorable Engrish accent x3 )

Last edited by a moderator:
Onerai watched in awe as the third egg rose and hatched so quickly after talking about it. Onerai, as soon as he saw the girl, blushed a deep shade of crimson before even knowing her name. He sat there watching her every move, while Cain watched Onerai. "Ahem, Onerai?" Cain said softly as to not disturb anyone. Cain winked and said, "Go say hello." Onerai flew up to Hime and bowed. "Ohaio. I am Onerai. Pleased to meet you." He said calmly and cooly, enunciationg. However, on the inside, he was a wreck with his brain. Hime's presence caused hime to almost DIE with enthusiasm.

Cain realized this problem and adressed Hime, putting Onerai back. "And I am Cain, his bearer. nice to meet you, Hime-chan."

Onerai whispered, "Arigato, Cain-kun"

(Yep. Onerai likes Hime. I'm SO boss.)

(D'aw, so cute! <3 )

Hime smiled, bowing to Cain and Onerai. "Konichiwa, Cain-san, Onerai-kun. I rook forward to getting to know you better." She had sensed something was off when Onerai had greeted her, because he had said 'good morning' instead of 'hello'. And it was most definitely not morning. Hime decided not to brood over this in order to not be rude.

( -_- I posted this earlier, but it's not showing up now! Have to re-post.)

Mizu watched in awe as the pink egg hatched. Rei watched with a similar expression next to her.

After waiting through the others' introductions, Rei floated over to Hime.

"Konichiwa, Hime-chan! My name is Rei! I love the earth!" Rei bubbled with enthusiasm. "And nice hair, by the way!" Rei winked.

Mizu stared at Rei talking in an overexcited high pitched voice. Mizu was afraid that she might overwhelm the poor chara.

"I'm Mizu. Nice to meet you," Mizu smiled down at Hime.

Hime giggled in response to Rei, her laughter similar to the pretty twinkling of wind chimes. "Heehee, arigato, Rei-chan. But your hair is much prettier san mine." When greeted by Mizu, Hime shyly avoided eye contact and played with her fingers. "Herro, Mizu-san...I-I rike your hair, too..." She said, looking up briefly at Mizu's light blue hair. However, Hime quickly looked back down at her feet and her blush returned.

Yuna loved the sight of the egg hatching. It was beautiful, and she didn't even pay attention that she got a stain on her shirt.

She was amazed and stared in awe.

She was very pretty.

"It's almost as pretty as us!" Ariana said. They flew towards her.

"Hi! I love your outfit! It's so pretty!" Ariana and Adrianna said in unison.

They smiled graciously and continued, "Hey, don't down yourself. You are a very pretty girl. Not as pretty as us, bu-".

"Adrianna, get to the point," Ariana said.

"Okay, well you are pretty, stand tall and believe in yourself."

Ariana was confused. "Well, that's a first. Adrianna actually helps someone."

After taking off her stain, Yuna also greeted Hime, brushing her short, brown light hair.

Hime's gaze drifted from one of the twins to the other, a look of bewilderment on her doll-like face. "Sank you both for se advice. I must say, you two rook very much arike...are you twins?" Hime asked curiously. She was so enchanted by the two girl Guardian Charas, that she didn't even notice Yuna's greeting until a few moments later. Hime gasped, fumbled around a bit, and bowed deeply toward Yuna. "Gomenasai! How rude of me..." When she stood back up, Hime's face was beet red with embarrassment once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back