My Would-Be Self

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cain jumped when he heard the word, "swimming," then remembered his plan. right... gotta fake it... although they are my friends...

Onerai felt someting wrong with Cain and sweatdropped as he remembered that Cain can't swim. He continued to talk with Ariana and Crush about many things.

Cain thought he saw something black... or was it purple... out of the corner of his eye. Could it be an X... no, I'd've heard it is that was the case. And with that he walked on, pausing only to look on at the ocean's wated. He quickly ran to the water's edge, dipping in his feet. Suddenly, a "Muuuuuuriiiiii" came out from the crowd... or so he though... It's probably me being paranoid... but I'll ask anyway.

"Did anyone just hear that?" Cain inquired.

Mizu licked her fingers as she finished off the last of her donut.

"Sure! Sounds great!" she said, and walked with the others down to the shore.

The waves crashed and lapped at her feet. The roar of the thrashing water echoed in her ears. Then she heard something that wasn't part of the waves.

What? Could it be...

Upon hearing Cain's question, Mizu said, "Yeah! I heard it too! Could it be an x-egg?"

"Oh come on," Rei complained. "This was supposed to be a fun day at the beach. A break from all of this guardian stuff. Now this-"

Mizu snapped, "Be quiet Rei!" and waited for an answer, wondering if she'd have to character change.

"Excuse me?" Adrianna said, arms crossed. "F.Y.I, this is a totally matching floral hat okay, and you, have no sense of fashion."

"Adrianna, be nice." Yuna said, wanting to give a lecture, until she saw the X-Eggs.

She quickly ran to Cain.

"Let's beat them again! They deserve to be hurt! Don't you think? Ariana, come here! It's your turn!"

"NO!" Cain called. "They don't deserve to be HURT! They deserve to be helped. More importantly, purified. Isan, let's go. MY own Heart, UNLOCK!"

Undergoing the same Character transformation that he had done before, he held his staff at the ready. "Chara Nari, Purity Shine!" Onerai and Cain said in Unison. He watched, contemplating his move while the X-egg flew toward him. Suddenly, as the X-egg was about to hit him, Cain moved out of the way and shot a purity orb at the Eggs. It froze in place, probably contemplating what had happened. "No matter what the issue, there will always be a light at the end of the tummel." Cain said with a serious but jovial look on his face. He smiled as he said, "A dream can be something hard to achieve, however, no matter how many bumps, a dream is always who YOU are and who your heart tells you to be. Isan, I think you can do it, Open heart!"

Cain shot another Purity orb, just to make his message more powerful, and waited for Isan to make his move.

Isan, having just set down the large beach blanket he kept in his beach bag, looked up sharply when he heard the telltale "Muuuuuunii!" somewhere from on the beach.

"Guys, I heard it too! It seemed to come from somewhere further down the beach..." He puffed out a cheek, frustrated. "Man, and I just set up this blanket!" Shrugging, he looked around to make sure no one was around to witness their transformations. He turned to the others. "Okay guys. Mizu and Yuna, Character Change real quick."

Romeo twirled over to Isan. "C'mon Isan, this time we'll battle too!"

Isan nodded. After Cain told Isan to Character Transform with him, Isan stood up from his sitting position. "Alright, let's do this!" The Humpty Lock started to shine brightly. "My own heart..." Isan snapped his fingers in front of the lock like before. "Unlock!!"

After transforming with Romeo like he did before, Isan struck the same dramatic poses and ended with his signature Russian jump. "Chara Nari: Amulet Rose!" Isan and Romeo shouted together.

Falling back to the ground, Isan watched as Cain hit the X-Egg with two Purity Orbs and tried to reason with it. When Cain asked Isan to Open Heart, Isan gulped nervously. "O-okay!" He faced the X-Egg, readying himself. "Here I go!"

Just as Isan was about to commence his first Open Heart sequence, the X-Egg shivered, rejecting the power of the Purity Orbs. A mirage of a girl, about middle-school age, appeared next to the shaking egg in midair. She was covering her ears with her hands, and her eyes were squeezed shut. No, no! I'll never be able to surf again, not after that shark attack! I'm too afraid...too much of a coward... The image of the girl disappeared and the X-Egg zoomed out over deeper waters.

"MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNIIIII!!!!!" Screamed the black egg as it charged towards the beach. It was now outlined with a sinister purple energy that was dragging along the water beneath the floating egg. The ocean water started accumulating until it formed into a miniature tidal wave heading straight for the Guardians.

Isan panicked. "Aaghh! What do we do?" He flailed his arms in fear.

A mirage of Romeo appeared next to Isan. He had the same expression of panic as Isan did on his face. "Isan-kun, quick! Summon Amulet Rose's Ruby Skull!"

Isan, snapping out of his panicky mode, remembered what Romeo was talking about. "Oh yeah!" Holding out his hand, a ball of red light appeared in it and then expanded to reveal the same Ruby Skull Isan had used before. This time, Isan grabbed the skull with both hands and held it so that the face of the skull was pointing toward the incoming wave. "I hope this works...!" Isan yelled over the roaring water, squinting his eyes and flinching away from the approaching wave as he anticipated pain.

Isan was surprised that he didn't feel any pain at all when the wave had reached him. In fact, he didn't even feel a spray of water. Looking forward again, Isan gasped at the sight. A clear reddish barrier was projected around Isan from the Ruby Skull, deflecting the water around him and thus protecting Isan from the X-Egg's attack. "Haha, sick!" Isan laughed, excited about his newly found power. However, his delight was cut short in the midst of the attack when he remembered that the others were still there. He knew Cain and Yuna both had shield powers, but he wasn't sure if Mizu did. "Is everyone okay back there?!" He shouted over his shoulder. Did the others avoid the wave as well?

Last edited by a moderator:
"Um, okay!" Yuna said, grabbing Ariana by the arm. Yuna's charm bracelet glowed as bright as the sun. Flowers popped out of nowhere and bloomed around her. She finally finished as she cried, "Chara Nari, Spring Charm!" She took out her parasol and started whacking them towards Cain and Isan.

"Here, purify these!" Soon a few X-Eggs were right headed towards her, at record speed.

"Ah!" Yuna screamed. "Suddenly a power surged through her. A light beamed from her charm bracelet as she yelled, "Spring Blast!"

The X-Eggs flew away, towards Cain and Isan.

"Sory I hurt you!" She said.

Cain looked in awe as the tidal wave smashed him full in the face. He now knew what it meant to drown, but under 5 feet of water he couldn't breathe, much less think. He tried calling out for help, but it was useless. Onerai left Cain's body and spoke, "I'll call for help!" as best he could underwater.

Onerai reached the surface, screaming, "HELP! Cain's drowning! HELP!" However many of the others were wrapped up fighting the X-egg.

Is this... it? Cain thought...

Yuna shielded herself as she walked towards the water.

Where's Cain? ​Thought Yuna. She quickly heard Onerai scream for help and she turned towards the voice. She dove in gracefully.

A quick splash came and she floated to the top. "Take care and clean up here! I''ll save Cain!"

She made a mermaid motion and kept a solid tempo as she swam towards the falling Cain. Quickly, she got Cain by the arm and pulled him up.

Yuna brought him up to shore. She started calling the others, although they were still fighting. She kept trying to push his chest, to keep him alive.

Should I do mouth-to-mouth? Thought Yuna. Maybe he will understand that I like him. But I'm not sure.

Out of the corner of her eye, Yuna saw an X-Egg hurling towards her. It was too fast, and hit her before she could use any attack or defense move.

"Ugh!" Yuna cried, as she toppled over Cain."

Cain felt an arm around his, pulling him up, but there was still water clogging his senses. he felt the heimlich in action and spewed water, suddenly awaking from the trancelike brink of death. He bolted upright, seeing Yuna hovering over him like an angel who just saved him. He looked into her eyes and thanked her voluminously. He shakily stood up, ready to take out and purify the Shugo Charas. He learned of their dreams when shot into the water, and turned to it.

"So what if you can't surf now. That doesn't mean It will never happen." Cain shouted up to the corrupted egg.

"Mu...ri?" The egg said in confusion.

"I said, so what if you can't do it now. No one can predict the future, and only you can determine that. Dreams are representations of what your future holds, not right now. You'll realize this when the time comes, but until then, look for the light at the end of the tunnel!" He turned to Yuna, Mizu, and Isan, then back to Yuna and winked.

"Open Heart! Do it again!" Cain yelled to Isan and ran over to where Mizu and Yuna were, standing close to Yuna

so that he could even feel her breath.

Mizu nodded at Rei.

"Character Change!" they chanted together.

In a flash, Mizu's necklace changed into a maple leaf. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw an x-egg come hurtling toward her.

Eh?

It turned out that it was not one or two black eggs, but a whole storm.

"Rei! Do something! I need a shield! Agh!" Mizu cried as an egg hit her shoulder.

Right, Mizu heard Rei's voice say.

There was a flash, and a clear bubble formed around Mizu. It was colored to look like the earth.

Seriously Rei? thought Mizu. This is so cheesy. But it will have to do.

Mizu moved her bubble around, deflecting the x-eggs and sending them bouncing back. She heard a splash and looked up to see what had happened to Cain.

I can't stop now though! she thought, and continued to send the dark ovals bouncing backwards. Her blue hair twirled around with her as she spun to keep them away.

I hope Isan-kun can stop them! This is wearing me out!

After the surge of water had lessened in strength, Isan fell to his knees in exhaustion, the Ruby Skull dissipating away into the air. "That much blocking...took a lot out of me..." He managed to say though his gasping.

Romeo's image appeared again, pointing toward Yuna and Cain. Isan-kun, look! Yuna-chan Character Transformed for the first time!

Isan looked toward the two, smiling with happiness for Yuna. "Cool!...It looks like she transformed with Ariana." Upon hearing a ricocheting noise, Isan looked upward to see Mizu spinning inside a clear barrier that looked somewhat like a globe. The bouncing noise was coming from the many X-Eggs that were bouncing off of her barrier. Jeez...I guess there are so many X-Eggs here because there are a lot of people at the beach today, too. Just as Isan had finished this thought, bright flashes of light signaled Cain's attacks, and the X-Eggs were herded into a big cluster floating in the air. They stayed there, contemplating their different dreams.

Romeo and Isan exchanged serious looks, each nodding in mutual understanding, and then Romeo's image disappeared again. Isan faced the X-Eggs, closing his eyes. Right in front of the Humpty Lock hanging around his neck, he made a heart by holding his thumbs together and forefingers together. Isan splayed out his other fingers, completing the picture.

To begin the sequence, Isan opened his eyes, showing the determined look in them. As he did this, the Humpty Lock began to glow with energy. "Negative heart..." Isan shot out his arms so the he was aiming the heart at the X-Eggs. "Lock on!" Red hearts of energy starting pulsing out of the Humpty Lock and through the heart he was making with his hands.

The hearts of energy flew through the center of the cluster of X-Eggs, trapping them in the attack. They struggled in vain to escape. "Muuuniii...!"

Isan's kilt and hair were blowing in the force coming from the attack. "Open Heart!!" He shouted. Instantly, the energy hearts grew thicker and flew out more frequently. The force of the attack was now so great that it sent sand and water flying around in all directions. Isan's big poofy hat now threatened to fly off his head from the wind, and all of his clothing was rippling as well. Isan ducked his head slightly to shield his eyes from the immensely bright light the Open Heart was causing.

Meanwhile, all of the X-Eggs were being purified by the incredible attack. As soon as the last one had returned to a perfect little white heart's egg, the Open Heart sequence ended. Isan thought he heard one of them say "Thank you..." before they all started flying off back to their owners.

Isan smiled, his eyes drooping. Romeo separated from Isan, their Chara Nari ending as well. "We did it...Romeo..." Isan started swaying on his feet, them fell over face-down in the sand as he passed out. This being his first Open Heart, Isan had unknowingly overdone it by purifying so many X-Eggs at once.

Romeo flew down to Isan, rubbing his neck. "Isan-kun, are you okay? Isan?!"

Crush flew down too, right behind Romeo. He proceeded to also nudge his owner. "Dude...?" Crush's voice was filled with concern, which was very unlike his character to show any serious emotion.

"Isan-kun!" Cain yelled with concern in his voice. Cain thought I might be able to... Aha!

Cain transformed with Onerai. "Purity Shine!" Those words rang again. He walked up to Isan and pointed his staff downwards. "PURITY BEAM!" Cain shouted as Isan was engulfed in a bright white light, purifying his wounds.

Cain stood there waiting for Isan to awaken...

Within the white light, Isan's wounds healed completely from the Purity Beam Cain had just cast upon him. His body was lifted and turned onto his back by an unseen force, and this same force crossed Isan's arms on his chest. He looked quite peaceful, with his hands both covering the Humpty Lock.

Slowly, Isan began breathing normally again. His fingers clasped gently around the Humpty Lock, and a light smile graced Isan's lips as he moved from unconsciousness into a peaceful slumber. Crush sighed, lying his head down on Isan's neck. "Thank goodness..." He muttered shakily. Romeo smiled gratefully, wiping at the tears in his eyes.

"Ah!" Cain exclaimed with glee. "It worked!"

Onerai was worn out, and it was 3PM.

"Hey guys, maybe we should try for the beach next week, I'm plum tuckered out..." Cain said, waiting for an answer.

Yuna got up, her left arm wounded from an X-Egg.

"You are lucky I saved you Cain. I even got wounded by an X-Egg." Yuna said, putting on her long t-shirt back on again.

"Why don't we get dinner at a fancy restaurant?" She suggested. "I know we are tired, but maybe we can enjoy a dinner together. It is a weekend, after all."

Yuna picked up her bag and hat from the end of a beach, where she left her stuff to fight.

Yuna's blonde hair was uncommon here in Asia, but people liked it. The breeze grew a little softer, letting her bangs fall into her eyeline.

She swept it to the side, as her hat fell off again. I should get a better hat... She thought.

Cain though that dinner was a good Idea. "Why dont we go to 'La Restaurant de Paris,' That French place on Nagoya street?" Cain asked. "They only speak French, but that's okay. I've got that under control. Je parle francais!" Caan said jovially. Suddely, realizing he was going waaaaay off topic, he snapped back. "But, uh, whatever you want. What do ya say?" Cain inquired.

"Uhh, sure!" Yuna said, flipping her bangs again. A raindrop trickled down her face.

"Hey it's raining!" Yuna took out her bag, and covered it over her head as she walked under a palm tree.

The sun was covered now, the clouds blocking her favorite part of nature.

Yuna waited under the tree, Ariana and Adrianna asleep in her bag, and watched for a reply from Isan or Mizu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back