Death Gods Only Eat Apples

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
L leaned back, his eyes widening even more. "Hours?" He turned to face the door again, gripping onto the arms of the chair tightly. "Perhaps that's what made you start thinking irrationally. You know. Tala, none of this would have happened if you'd let me have cake this morning."

Probably to L's relief, the door opened, and a young woman walked in with a wide smile on her face. "Hey there! I'm Marina, and I'll be doing your scan." She told Sakura, glancing at L before continuing to talk to her. "If you just want to come over to the bed... Lia?" Marina asked, checking a small clipboard she held to check Sakura's 'name'.

(lol idk what I'm doing)

L climbed off the chair as soon as the door opened and grabbed Sakura's wrist tightly, pulling her over. He glanced up at the nurse, watching her carefully. "You were late," he said. "Why were you late?"

Marina's smile faltered. "I... I wasn't late!" She glanced at her watch, giving a small laugh and smiling at L. "Well, only by two or three minutes, but that hardly counts! I'm a busy student!"

Marina run now he will crush you

"Three minutes still counts as late," L said, letting go of Sakurals wrist. "Why did you take so long?" He paused, tilting his head and lifting his thumb to his mouth. "You're a student? Why are you performing the scan, then?"

"Ryuuzaki, it's completely fine. It's not as though she'll be able to harm me at all." She looked over at Marina and mouthed. 'I'm sorry about him'.

"...I got lost..." Marina admitted, glancing back as the door opened again and a different person - presumably her supervisor - entered. "And, well, I need the experience. Don't worry, I know what I'm doing!" She waited for Sakura to get onto the bed. "Okay, can you just lay down? I'm gonna need to get to your stomach too."

"I know she can't hurt you," L said, still attempting to stare Marina down. "But what if she starts doing it wrong?" He glanced up as the supervisor walked in, chewing his thumb. "Will you take over if that happens?"

The older nurse gave L a quick nod. "If it comes to that, yes, but I'm sure Marina is capable." Marina smiled reassuringly, although she looked more than a little worried. "This won't take too long! It'll be fine!" She told him. "I guess you're just the overprotective father, right?"

Sakura sighed and laid down on the bed, looking from Marina to L. She stayed quiet.

"I wouldn't say 'overprotective'," L said, following Sakura and climbing onto the chair beside the bed. "I'm just doubtful of your abilities." He turned back to Marina and stared at her, still apparently trying to stare her down.

Marina frowned slightly and glanced over at her supervisor for some support. She then turned to Sakura, lifting her shirt up just above her stomach. "Alright, I'm going to apply the gel on your stomach," she said to herself as if running through the steps. She grabbed the tube of gel and looked over at L, seeing if he had anything else to say before she started.

The nurse nodded reassuringly at Marina, standing behind her. L lifted his hand to his mouth again, watching Marina's every move carefully. "You're going very slowly," he noted, then he leaned forward, intent on testing her. "Do you know what the gel does?"

Marina hesitated for a moment. "It uh... Transmits the sound waves from the probe to the skin, I believe." she mumbled, opening the tube and squeezing the gel onto Sakura's stomach.

Sakura frowned over at L, "Ryuuzaki, Stop."

L leaned back, looking around for anything else to find fault with. He met Sakura's eyes for a second, then looked back up at Marina. "You're going far too slowly." He chewed on his thumbnail, staring.

"No, I'm not." Marina told L with a frown. She spread the gel around on Sakura's stomach and then looked up at her supervisor for a reminder for what to do next.

"Yes you are," L insisted, leaning forward again. "Are you sure you know what you're doing?" He glanced up at the nurse, who was nodding reassuringly again and motioning for Marina to start the scan.

Marina frowned again and walked over to the machine and started it up, picking up the scanning probe. "Yes, I know what I'm doing." she muttered. She strained herself to speed up as she set everything up for the scan. In her hurry, she fumbled and dropped the probe.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Don't worry, Marina," the nurse said gently, stepping forward and picking the probe up for her. "Just take your time, okay?" L glanced up at the nurse, staring at her for a long while, then looked back at Marina. "You dropped it," he said. "Why did you drop it?"

"I dropped it because you told me to hurry!" Marina told L, her eyes tearing up slightly. She took the probe from the nurse and turned to Sakura, pressing it gently to her stomach as she continued to set up the machine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back