The Lucid Log

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Log for day 12/10/2020:

It never occured to me that the tournaments might probably become tougher as your Tamagotchi wins a lot of them. Today, Gaia has attempted to win the Beauty tournament for a second time, and lost! A Pochitchi participated and won the day!

Tamagotchi-USA-Europe-SGB-Enhanced-1602508380153.png

To be fair, this safari photographer look is a lot less "cute" than this:​

Tamagotchi-USA-Europe-SGB-Enhanced-1602508397391.png

This earned him 95 points. The others were like:​

Tamagotchi-USA-Europe-SGB-Enhanced-1602508435422.png
 and 
Tamagotchi-USA-Europe-SGB-Enhanced-1602508414784.png

(I like the Takochi pose, he's like "I'm soooo beautiful")​

And by the way, speaking of very broken english, I hadn't noticed this:

Tamagotchi-USA-Europe-SGB-Enhanced-1602508449462.png

"Entry 2 is winner" lol. So laughter!​

Of course Gaia's feelings were hurt

Tamagotchi-USA-Europe-SGB-Enhanced-1602508453791.png

but that's the way of life I guess!

Not much has happened in Eternitchi since I was out all day.

However, I've made a lot of progress in my attempt to program my own Tamagotchi. I've managed to implement a very simplified text-based simulation of the game in Matlab wherein the user enters his/her commands such as "feed" or "play" and the Tamagotchi's meters change accordingly. (Actually only the "feed" option is implemented). They also decrease over time and the tamagotchi can die if it hasn't been fed for a while. It also beeps when it gets hungry. After a short while the tamagotchi evolves from Babytchi to... nothing since it was only a test so far. (Upon evolving the program just stops and you've won basically).

This is what it looks like:

Capture.png

The reason for using Matlab is only that I'm the most proficient at it and I'm aware that it's not a good programming language for creating games (or any standalone app in fact).

Then I made this:

VID-20201013-003049.gif

and I stared at it for way longer than a sane mind should, thinking about the many directions of implementation that I could be taking.

​

Of course Gaia's feelings were hurt

Tamagotchi-USA-Europe-SGB-Enhanced-1602508453791.png

but that's the way of life I guess!
Poor Gaia! I definitely have a bias with Pochitchi over Ginjirotchi - but I loved the little safari pose. ;w; You're doing great Gaia!! ;A;

This is what it looks like:

The reason for using Matlab is only that I'm the most proficient at it and I'm aware that it's not a good programming language for creating games (or any standalone app in fact).

Then I made this:

and I stared at it for way longer than a sane mind should, thinking about the many directions of implementation that I could be taking.
This looks so cool!!! I'm really excited to see where this goes! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks so cool!!! I'm really excited to see where this goes! :D
Agreed, A+++ for effort and the willingness to try your hand at something like this. You have a very unique and varied log with lots of variety and not so frequently explored Tamas. Well done! Always an interesting read :)  

I saw this and thought you might be interested.

https://piersbishop.itch.io/pet-house
Hey! I do find this really interesting and will definitely give it a shot. It's crunch time at work currently which is why I haven't logged yesterday but I'll download it as soon as things start to settle down.

Agreed, A+++ for effort and the willingness to try your hand at something like this. You have a very unique and varied log with lots of variety and not so frequently explored Tamas. Well done! Always an interesting read :)  
Thank you very much for the compliment! I hope I'll be able to keep it that way!

LOG FOR DAY 13/10/2020:

So today I decided to go for a Beauty contest once again. I think they're the most interesting because of the goofy faces the contestants do; and they're a way to see something else than your own Tamagotchi for a bit

I thought Gaia had learnt from its mistakes about the weird safari pose...

Tamagotchi-USA-Europe-SGB-Enhanced-1602602466131.png

... but it ended up earning it only 79 points! So the safari pose was actually better than this one in the jury's view!

The next 2 contestants have also learned from their mistakes:

Tamagotchi-USA-Europe-SGB-Enhanced-1602602485085.png

Tamagotchi-USA-Europe-SGB-Enhanced-1602602500316.png

This earned them a really high amount of points (Takotchi Kusatchi managed to earn 59 points!)

Then came Gaia's arch nemesis Pochitchi...

Tamagotchi-USA-Europe-SGB-Enhanced-1602602519235.png

... and thankfully it made the stupidest face one could do at a beauty contest. It only got 33 points. Handsome, pretentiously adorable Pochitchi just got beaten by 3 lower tier tamagotchis... Good!

Tamagotchi-USA-Europe-SGB-Enhanced-1602602531384.png

And so Gaia was happy again.​

That's all that happened yesterday. Even this contest I had to squeeze in within a few minutes of rest. I'm really giving Gaia average care since it's become the only tamagotchi I'm raising. Also, part of me is kind of eager for it to die so I can start something else (I'm of the opinion that Tamagotchis become boring when they reach adulthood. As a kid I used to draw these incredibly complex growth charts where the characters evolved something like 7 times and more, and each stage had even more possible characters than the previous one lol).

I have not worked on my "Maturabutchi" (Matlabtchi :p ) project at all. Today's log should be a little longer since I had an evolution on Eternitchi. I'm also obviously going to give the PetHouse suggested by @Eggiweg a try. How can I possibly resist!

That's all for now I think.

Oooh, I love that growth chart! Helps me out a ton because...

Tamagotchi-UE-S-0.png

I've been doing my own run of the game in my spare time! It's been quite fun getting to know this game personally - years and years ago I had it on an emulator but I had no idea what I was doing with it, so to return to it again after years of simply admiring it is something else. I forgot Takotchi was a low-level care character - I love them so much that I didn't even mind!

I was thinking about adding the game to my own log, but I'm the dirty kind of emulation freak - I toggle speed-up and rewind like it's no tomorrow. If I ever get a real cart of the game I might, as I'd actually be taking my time there. XD It's no wonder I got Takotchi!

Tamagotchi-USA-Europe-SGB-Enhanced-1602602531384.png

And so Gaia was happy again.​
GAIA RECLAIMS THEIR GLORY THIS IS ALL I'VE EVER WANTED

Here's a Growth Chart I made for Tamagotchi GB. I didn't find any Tamagotchi GB growth chart on the net that really satisfied me so I decided to make my own. First on Tamatalk.com!

And here are the characters I've obtained so far:

From one Tamagotchi GB fan to another: This is absolutely fantastic work! :D

I'm just curious if this is for the English version or the Japanese version, though? The conditions for obtaining Bill differ between the two.

LOG FOR DAY 14/10/2020:

Today started off with an evolution on the Eternitchi

2020-10-14-10-13-56-Tamagotchi-PC.png

Hyurutchi evolved into a Hawainotchi. From what I understand, based on Osutchi/Mesutchi explanations, this evolution was a TMP downgrade, meaning I took rather poor care of the Hyurutchi. That's not surprising, I'm often always from my PC and tend to completely forget about Eternitchi.

I sent Sanutchi to see its mom and dad

2020-10-14-10-14-16-Tamagotchi-PC.png

Look mommy! I grew up!​

When you go there the Tamagotchi will play cards with its parents, although I really didn't understand the rules of the game.

I've decided to try and give better care to Sanutchi. I even sent it at school.

2020-10-14-10-18-51-Tamagotchi-PC.png

The game that increases Logic basically requires you to do mental calculations. I'm good at that, but I think sometimes the operations are a little hard

2020-10-14-10-19-58-Tamagotchi-PC.png

Dividing by 7 is not fun! (although I then realized this one was relatively easy since it's just (700-7)/7 which gives 100-1=99). I know a lot of tricks to do mental calculations quickly but some of these still take me more than 10 seconds.

Also, the "Logic" meter rises very slowly as you play the games. You'd have to dedicate about 1 or 2 hours to fill it up competely, especially the Logic one (I haven't checked the others so far) since as I've said, the calculations are already pretty challenging.

Not much else has happened. I can't put my finger on why exactly I'm having trouble doing anything interesting with Eternitchi. It's obviously a combination of it requiring to stay in front of the computer for long hours, the fact that I feel lost in all the options and everything to do with it (I only ever had a Classic P2 as a kid!), and the fact that I wasn't able to enlarge the window (I know it's F11 but it doesn't seem to work for me).

------​

Today I decided to have Gaia win another Knowledge tournament, which it easily did

Tamagotchi-USA-Europe-SGB-Enhanced-1602674102646.png

So if I remember correctly, that's 3 Math tournament prizes, 2 Beauty tournament prizes, and 1 Race tournament prize. I feel worthless next to Gaia x) 

------​

And finally I gave this a try:

Pet-House-1602670851733.png

There's not much to say about it really. The game boots up with the above screen, then upon pressing A immediately takes you to this screen:

Pet-House-1602670857100.png

You watch this for a few seconds, and then it hatches into this

Pet-House-1602670881161.png

And that's when you realise the developer really hasn't completed the game yet because there's no animation for anything, the meters (that you can't see) seem to decrease extremely fast, the pet doesn't move anywhere, and it evolved within 2 minutes of me starting the game. I kept pressing A to feed it/play with it/ hug it (that's the heart icon), and all that happened was a sound effect, and then it evolved. Then I wondered how much time it would take for it to die. I hit the turbo switch on MyOldBoy (it's set at 16x) and within 3 or 4 seconds, it died, so the answer is it would've died within about a minute without the turbo mode.

Pet-House-1602671043121.png

That was quick!​

Still, that's a lot more than I've ever done on the Game Boy (I did do a very little amount of development for it at one point), so kudos to the developer for that.

About my "Matlab de Hakken", I've mostly been arranging the code a bit, so there's not a lot to show except this

Capture.png

It's animated but I'm too lazy to convert the video into a GIF again.​

That's all for today! Good day/night!

I'm just curious if this is for the English version or the Japanese version, though? The conditions for obtaining Bill differ between the two.
It's for Both. The US version goes directly from Masktchi/Zucchitchi to Bill, but the Japanese version require first getting the oldies. I was too lazy to mention it on the image. (yes I'm that type of person lol).

I was thinking about adding the game to my own log, but I'm the dirty kind of emulation freak - I toggle speed-up and rewind like it's no tomorrow.
HAHAH! I used to be like that. But I realised that playing games this way and playing them legit was 2 completely different experiences.

I do speed-up my Tamagotchi GB run though, to have the in-game clock match up with the current real-life hour.

It's for Both. The US version goes directly from Masktchi/Zucchitchi to Bill, but the Japanese version require first getting the oldies. I was too lazy to mention it on the image. (yes I'm that type of person lol).
Ahh, I see it now. Thankyou! Now I don't know how I missed that - I must've gotten a bit overwhelmed by all of the lines! :lol:

I must've gotten a bit overwhelmed by all of the lines! :lol:
Hahah! I'm pretty sure I couldn't find a chart like that mostly because no one likes to see so many lines in one picture.

LOG FOR DAY 15/11/2020

Today I tried to delve a little bit more into what Eternitchi has to offer. I gave a shot at every mini-game that increases the tamagotchi's stats.

I already mentioned the Maths one so there's no point in speaking about it again obviously. So I immediately tried the artistry one; and honestly, I thought it was brilliant! The goal is to complete a gradient between 2 given colors by picking a 3rd color that goes in-between the other two. That's exactly the part of one's brain that's supposed to be working when doing actual art... I guess! Of course being more "left-brained" I had to find a trick to get the right answer systematically. It still requires some thinking, but basically the thinking boils down to doing math again so, that's more within my range.

2020-10-15-09-48-41-Tamagotchi-PC.png

(I forgot to mention that I was finally able to enlarge the Eternitchi window. Good news is, that's solved. Bad news are, (there's 2), 1/ I have a dead key on my keyboard and 2/ the software I'm using for screenshots (Greenshot) is giving weird results. Please excuse the weird images)

So there's the game; The next one I tried was the kindness one

2020-10-15-09-55-02-Tamagotchi-PC.png

You have to keep watering the plants by clicking on them before they "slowly quickly wither and die" (Symphony X reference). After the brilliant idea of the last game, this one seems more simple by comparison. It still gets the job done though.

Next up, the humour game. By now I was like, how in the world are you going to think of a mini-game that would raise a tamagotchi's "humour". Well,

2020-10-15-10-01-02-Tamagotchi-PC.png

Poop comes out the toilet and you have to catch it using a broom and dust pan. Sometimes a golden poop flies out and you must not catch that one. Whoever thought of that is a genius.

Then there's the Beauty game

2020-10-15-10-02-49-Tamagotchi-PC.png

It's basically a memory game where you have to remember the pattern of faces and reproduce it afterwards. My trick is to just remember the colors of the faces and read them out loud. I personnally can NOT win if I don't do that.

And finally there's the Passion game

2020-10-15-10-08-19-Tamagotchi-PC.png

Scrub, scrub scrub. You have to clean the gym by repeatedly clicking on messy/dirty parts. I guess the Passionate part is that you have to be really passionate about such a boring task to keep at it...

That's it for the stats-raising mini-games; next I attempted to play the cards game with Sanutchi's parents:

2020-10-15-10-13-34-Tamagotchi-PC.png

Honestly I don't get it. Every other game has 1 or 2 sentences to explain how to play, but this one has this:

2020-10-15-10-13-30-Tamagotchi-PC.png

I really don't understand what that means.

Other than the fact that I only figured out how to use items today, and that I let Sanutchi play with a random Game Boy I don't remember buying, that's all for Eternitchi

2020-10-15-10-14-43-Tamagotchi-PC.png

(That's exactly the face I was doing when playing the cards game XD ).​

Nothing much happened in Tamagotchi GB. Gaia went for another Beauty contest and won. The contestants were a Kusatchi and a Hashizoutchi that did mildly amusing faces, but not interesting enough to post them.

I'm noticing Gaia's hearts are depleting faster, but it seems to affect the Hunger meter way more than the Happy meter. I think they really went ahead and actually implemented actual character traits to each character in the GB game. Compared to Hashizoutchi and Tentotchi (which was quite needy), I feel like Ginjirotchi tends to stay happy for way longer. @Penguin-keeper this game is so intricate and complex for a "spin-off" that was released only a few months after the original pet.

(Actually I think these character traits are present even on the original toy now that I think about it, aren't they?)

And finally a little progress in Matlab de Hakken (I'm keeping that name :lol: and I don't even know what "de Hakken" means XD ).

What's new is that yesterday the tamagotchi opened its mouth but the burger would remain unchanged; now it actually gets eaten. And the tamagotchi also says no when it's full. There's soooo much more work to be done on this lol.

That's all for today! Man these log entries are becoming longer and longer!

Good night or day!

@Penguin-keeper this game is so intricate and complex for a "spin-off" that was released only a few months after the original pet.
I know, right? :D There are so many little wrinkles to it that make it stand out from a lot of other versions, regardless of era, which is why it's my all-time joint-favourite version alongside the original Gen 1 pet.

Longer and longer, but still mega interesting! Awesome progress on Matlab de Hakken too! That's very impressive!
I've gotta second all of that. :)

Today's log entry is pretty empty

Gaia went for a Racing tournament but lost to a Mimitchi.

I restarted my Tamagotchi Classic app and am severely neglecting it. (I only restarted it to gather data for my Matlab de Hakken project). 

I didn't get to play Eternitchi at all

I didn't get to work on my Matlab de Hakken project.

I do have something to say about it though. Someone has said they were excited to see where I was going with it. My current goal is only to implement the Tamagotchi P1 or P2 as faithfully as possible. After that I'd like to implement all those other Tamagotchis that I didn't even know about until about a months ago. I've read a lot about the Vintage tamagotchis and the Tamagotchi Connection versions. I grew really fond of them by reading about them and watching videos, so I'm thinking if I can program some (or all) of them, it would be awesome. To do this however I'll need a lot of info about how exactly they behave, down to the detail. I was wondering if this sort of knowledge base exists somewhere, and if not I hope I'll find the missing info by asking you questions from time to time.

Have a good day or night!

It's not easy to keep up with combining work, my fan-made tamagotchi project, and logging, so please excuse the lack of log entries these days.

Nothing much is happening anyway. Well, for the main Tamagotchi I'm raising anyway. I'm starting to neglect Gaia a bit for some reason. I'm under the impression that hours are passing faster than usual. Nothing happens and all of a sudden I find out I haven't checked on Gaia for 2 to 3 hours. I think it's because its hearts are depleting faster and faster too. It's still kicking at 17 years old anyways, and still winning approximately 1 tournament a day. I've stopped counting how many it has won, but I think it's something like 8 at the moment.

I've been neglecting my Tamagotchi Classic on Android as well, but that's because I was conducting an experiment to see how many poops there could be on screen and how the game behaved at that point. I've stopped the experiment after the 6th on-screen poop because I knew by then that the poop had sorta like a priority over your Tamagotchi, I mean there were 6 poops on the screen and my Tamatchi was almost completely invisible. Even when feeding it or playing with it all I could see was the poop. I also really didn't expect to end up with a Tamatchi!

And about the Eternitchi, well, I think it's because I launched it 2 times in a row or something, but my savefile got corrupted and my progress was lost. I had to restart it and I ended up with a light yellow male Babytchi. Oh well!

I'm sorry there are no pictures but adding pics to my log entries is the most time consuming part of logging so I'm going to include a little less from now on I think.

Good day or Good night!

Well, Marutchi's most recent appearance was on the 15th Anniversary iD L back in 2011, and Tonmarutchi was only on the P2 and GB games -- colour Tamagotchis nowadays commonly feature babies/toddlers/teens that are exclusive to their own versions, designed only to appear on that device and not at all simplistic in design either compared to the vintages/connections. Not even Tamatchi has been lucky enough to stay relevant! Sad times... :(  That or you already know of this, and I'm just taking your last statement seriously. XD

Back