Who gives girls a bad name :Round 1

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who gives girls a bad name?

• Barbie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bratz

• Ann Darrow

• Lois Lane

• Princess Peach

• Princess Daisy

• Pauline

• Olive Oyl

• Princess Zelda

• Jane Porter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not really into blaming dolls for giving girls a 'bad name'. Young children like to play with them because they can play with their hair & dress them up, a child wouldn't want a doll that was ugly.

Every child is different - Some children like to play with dolls & other don't. If you think about it, it really isn't a big issue.

Well, in my opinion, bratz are just small unalive plastic remakes of Paris hilton. They pressure girls into dressing like a sleaze, wearing loads of makeup and stuff. I dont mind Barbies, they arent as Bad, When I was younger i used to have a whole collection of them, i dont play with them anymore (too old , im 13) but i do design clothes for them. I just get random material and sew outfits together, its quite fun actually and they look as if they were actual barbie outfits that you can buy in a store.
yea i agree on the bratz part...and especially the Bratz Big Babyz. they have clothes (especially the underwear! eeeewwww!) i got one when i was 11 (i never played with it) and it had see-through underwear...i'm not gonna say the real kind of underwear they have on cuz it's nasty! and the commercials, wow, they dress the girls (not the dolls) in like, almost adult clothes (like inapropriate(sp?) shirts for their age. then like a lot of other people said they wear really slutty clothes for a doll that's supposed to be for little kids to play with (well older girls too but i don't know any girls 12 and over that even play with bratz!). then with all the make up they have on it makes younger girls think that in order to be cool and look "pretty" they have to put a ton of make up on. but this is all my oppinion and i did use what other people said too! :chohimetchi:

I'm not really into blaming dolls for giving girls a 'bad name'. Young children like to play with them because they can play with their hair & dress them up, a child wouldn't want a doll that was ugly.
Every child is different - Some children like to play with dolls & other don't. If you think about it, it really isn't a big issue.
yea that's true too...i never wanted an ugly doll! lol

Bratz.

As TW said, the clothes are discusting.

Bratz are skimpy, sleezy and make it look like all girls have to dress like this for guys to like them or to be popular.

It makes girls look like they are toys for guys usage.

Not too cool.

Bratz.

I mean they make little girls think that the only way to be cool is to have way too much make up, and wear really tight clothes. Also that if you don't wear make up you are not cool. I mean come on! I have never wore make up in my life and I am not a geek. I'm a normal person. Those Bratz are just teaching girls that the only way to be noticed is by being perfect. Their clothes look slutish and lame. If I had one I would take them apart. :)

Barbie

They actually made a pregnat (sp?) doll! Plus why do they have a lot of boyfriend dolls?

Bratz:

Which is the worsest of all! I can't repeat the word here of what Bratz is, but it is a bad role model for 5-9 year old girls.

SMALL SHIRTS

BIG EYES

TO MUCH MAKEUP

INAAPRIATE (sp?) clothes

Why did that put attitude in Bratz,

"Trends, setting trends?"

Last edited by a moderator:
I like playing with Bratz and all, but I think they give girls the bad name because it makes it look like all girls care about is their looks and that is so untrue.

Making a pregnant doll isn't so bad.
Women do have babies.

That's how it is.

Normal part of life.

I guess the problem in this would be that Barbie doesn't have a set husband anymore. :/

It used to be Ken (right?) then my friend informed me that they broke up, and she had a baby with this other guy.

But I don't think an 7 year old will think of that. :)

The GOOD thing of Barbie is that she encourages girls to become something in life.

Barbie is a doctor, a lawyer, a vet.

Bratz say- be a praty-teen for the rest of your life.

That's another thing.

Well Barbie can be eduactional, like the one when she has a dog. Barbie does everything, but Bratz are just "BRATS". So Barbie isn't bad :( .

Locky458

Well Barbie can be eduactional, like the one when she has a dog. Barbie does everything, but Bratz are just "BRATS". So Barbie isn't bad :( .
Locky458
I agree with you Locky458. Barbie isn't that bad but Bratz are just...OMG

Oooh yeah and her poop-bag, i saw that on an advert. I have to clean up after my doggie as well, it's disgusting when people leave it on the pavement.
Yeah, I know!

Then it goes into the bayou right near our house, and gets in the water, and UG!

How gross!!!

My teacher has a poster in her room that says-

"Think picking up dog poop is unpleasent? Try drinking it."

XP

Gross xD, That thing is so cheap made and fake. I think all you do is feed it to her and then it falls out her tushie.

locky458

I agree with Tamaw/pants. Barbies are actually good dolls. They tell you to become something in life and a lot of young girls will get encouraged by these types of toys so Barbie was a good toy. And it still is. And the newer ones even show that. The song starts out saying "Be who you want to be" So, yeah.

GotchiGirl96

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back