Snapped screw (Mothra Tamagotchi)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Birbplant

Reaction score
1000037271.jpg

I recently purchased a Mothra Tamagotchi and it arrived in perfect condition. I know that vintage Tamas are notorious for soft screws, so I had some replacement screws from Japan You Want ready that I was planning to swap the original screws for.

So I very, very carefully removed the original screws, as you can see I got the first one out fine, but to my horror the second snapped clean off.

There is now no screw head at all.

Is there any way to fix this? I've read somewhere that some people have been able to get watch repair/jewelers to remove stripped screws, but I don't know.

I definitely don't want to take it to a place if they scratch it up.

Thankfully the battery cover closes fine with just one screw, but I still thought I'd ask if anyone here had ideas.

Last edited:
Try unscrewing all of the other screws at the top and bottom that keep the back half of your Mothra together. Then you may be able to find your headless screw poking out from the other side of the back half. If this is the case, then you can try twisting the screw out with your fingers downwards so it comes out the bottom of the back half. I bolded that part because you probably wont be able to twist it upward and get it out normally since it's much smaller without the screw head.

If you can't get it out but you can still remove the back half of your Mothra, you probably don't need to worry about the screw at all. As long as you can disassemble your Mothra to get to the button contacts, you're good.

Oh, by the way, the secret to obtaining Moll and Lora on the Mothra as well as a secret living tombstone character has recently been discovered! Check it out here on the Tamagotchi Wiki!

Try unscrewing all of the other screws at the top and bottom that keep the back half of your Mothra together. Then you may be able to find your headless screw poking out from the other side of the back half. If this is the case, then you can try twisting the screw out with your fingers downwards so it comes out the bottom of the back half. I bolded that part because you probably wont be able to twist it upward and get it out normally since it's much smaller without the screw head.

If you can't get it out but you can still remove the back half of your Mothra, you probably don't need to worry about the screw at all. As long as you can disassemble your Mothra to get to the button contacts, you're good.

Oh, by the way, the secret to obtaining Moll and Lora on the Mothra as well as a secret living tombstone character has recently been discovered! Check it out here on the Tamagotchi Wiki!

Thank you! I will try this next week when I have some time. 👍

Back