Dragotti mystery

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BackAt36

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I bought a Dragotti back in the late 90s and loved how different yet similar it was to the Tamagotchi. However it stopped working after a few days and 10 year old me could do nothing to restore it.

Like many of my old Tamas, my original Dragotti is lost to time. However, as I’m now a collector I recently acquired one and booted it up today.

While this is a used item and over 20 years old I didn’t expect it to be perfect, but like my old Dragotti it’s already shut down and won’t boot up. I find myself absolutely astonished and a little sad.

Does anyone else have any experience with the Dragotti? I know this also happened to a YouTuber 24 hours after they started running one.

Could it be that they are all just defective? And this is why they’re so rare? That just all broke and no others were made?

Any insight into this would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_1140.jpeg
    IMG_1140.jpeg
    177.7 KB · Views: 0
Update: So I woke up this morning to a fresh Dragotti egg. He hatched but the system died again within the hour.

Once again it came back and I’m now running him. If the system resets again I’ll send him off to repair. I’m confident that the absolute genius who runs tamagotchi_center here in the UK could probably fix what’s wrong with this Dragotti.

I think it’s an issue with the power getting from the battery.

Attachments

• IMG_1286.jpeg
    IMG_1286.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
I don't have one of these, but I've had a similar issue with toys. It sounds like you're right and it's an issue with the power supply, could you open the device and look to see if the soldering made the wire loose?

I don't have one of these, but I've had a similar issue with toys. It sounds like you're right and it's an issue with the power supply, could you open the device and look to see if the soldering made the wire loose?
It seems to be working okay now. The clock is acting oddly, keeps wildly swinging between different times of day but it’s not been a problem.

He’s even evolved for the first time:

Attachments

• IMG_1294.jpeg
    IMG_1294.jpeg
    835.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1295.jpeg
    IMG_1295.jpeg
    654.3 KB · Views: 0
He evolved again, not sure if this is the final form, there’s so little info out there about Dragotti:

Attachments

• IMG_1361.jpeg
    IMG_1361.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1359.jpeg
    IMG_1359.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1358.jpeg
    IMG_1358.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1360.jpeg
    IMG_1360.jpeg