Check This Out! ASAP : Twins

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ*

Reaction score
I am doing a project on twins and I was wondering is some twins could

answer some questions.

Do fraternal twins share the bond that you hear identical twins have?

Does your identical twin look different then you?

Does your fraternal twin look the same as you?

Can you give me any other info about you and your twin?

Thank you so much for you help!

Please be patient.

You need to wait longer than just a few minutes for a reply. These are forum boards - they are not "instant messenger" chat rooms.

Sometimes it takes a while for a member to see the thread and respond.

Remember also, that the community is not "bursting at the seams" with twins just waiting to reply ;)

It may take a while - even a few days to get some responses :blink:

She beat me to it. -shot-

I'm not a twin, but as for the 'bond' between fraternal twins compared to identical twins, I would say that it depends on the person. If you mean the bond being the supposed telepathy between twins, I couldn't be completely sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks, and srry i tried 2 rush the post

Hah. We're studying twins in Child Development right now. x33

Ugh. I hate that class. D:<

Let me see if I can help you. I don't have a twin, but...

We didn't really study that aspect of twins, but I don't think there is much of a difference in bonding, you know? Identical twins can grow to hate each other, just like fraternael twins can be incredibly close. You have a best friend, don't you? Or a friend at the least. You've bonded, right? And it doesn't have anything to do with your when you were born or who you were born to. It has to do with how you get along with each other, which depends on the nature of each twin, which is different for every person.

I don't have a twin. (I remember when I was younger I wanted a twin sister. I would pretend we'd dress alike every day. xD) But identical twins look almost, well, identical, because the same sperm fertilized the same egg, giving the twins the same genetic makeup. So yes, identical twins always look alike.

Fraternal twins can look alike, but they don't have to. Fraternal twins are created when the mother releases two eggs during ovulation, and both are fertilized by two different sperm. So, therefore, even though the two shared the room together for about nine months, their genetic make up is still completely different. So they don't usually look like an exact duplicate of each other - just like any brother and sister, or whatever other gender combination.

Um,, if you have any other questions I would be happy to help you answer them.

Hah. We're studying twins in Child Development right now. x33Ugh. I hate that class. D:<

Let me see if I can help you. I don't have a twin, but...
thank you very much! can diffrent gender twins be identical??

OOH! My brothers are twins!

Fraternal twins are similar, but are also very different.

Every identical twin has something different than their twin. Could be size, anything!

My brothers have the same hair color, but to me, you could easily tell the difference. Jack has straight hair and Scott has curly hair. But to those who barely know them, it could be difficult knowing which is which by just looks.

They have different personalities. Scott likes to wear formal clothing, and Jack doesn't. They also have different likes and dislikes.

Also, they're both Autistic. Scott has Autism and Jack has PDD-NOS (type of Autism). Also, I know someone who has twins where one is autistic and the other isn't. (I think.)

I can answer these. I am an identical twin.

A) Yep. If you know someone well enough you look very different if you meet us enough. We have differently placed freckley things and differ slightly in facial fetures.

:mellow: We are very diferent. I'm very intelligent and have good grades, She has average marks and is good at drama and is vocally talented. (Unlike me)

Unlike twins you see in movies twins usually don't dress the same and share a brain cell.

I have a twin brother we kinda have a good bond but we argue sometimes. we look slitly the same by hair colour eye colour eye shape and that but we are different like you tell tell whos the boy and whos the girl.

thank you very much! can diffrent gender twins be identical??
No problem. And no, different gender twins can not be identical. They share the same genetic make up. Whatever that one sperm carries determines the gender for both children.

Does your identical twin look different then you? Does your fraternal twin look the same as you?
If they look different they are not and identical twin. And if they look the same then they are indentical twins.

Thank you all so much!!! if thare is any thing i can help u with i will be dilighted 2 help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back