Tamagotchi L.I.F.E, New from Bandai

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^

If you look on Tamagotchi L.i.f.e.'s Facebook page under "Basic Info", it says their app is coming Spring 2013. I hope that's not what they're talking about with the "release coming to the US", and I hope the sweepstakes isn't just some app giveaway. -_-

Good thing about this is that they didn't give up on Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. like they did with other Tamagotchi products in the US.

Bad thing is they didn't give up on Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. like they did with other Tamagotchi products in the US.

Bandai America is working on the Tamagotchi brand which is good news for us, but too bad they are going the wrong direction.

i kinda think its obnoxious to do that i mean come on guys give it a chance they also gave us a hint that bandai is planning something:

https://tamagotchilife.com/faq/

lets all just hope for the best and not be immature about this it's already happening anyways im going to give it a shot before i can start complaining

Good thing about this is that they didn't give up on Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. like they did with other Tamagotchi products in the US.

Bad thing is they didn't give up on Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. like they did with other Tamagotchi products in the US.

Bandai America is working on the Tamagotchi brand which is good news for us, but too bad they are going the wrong direction.
Pretty much this.

i kinda think its obnoxious to do that i mean come on guys give it a chance they also gave us a hint that bandai is planning something:

https://tamagotchilife.com/faq/

lets all just hope for the best and not be immature about this it's already happening anyways im going to give it a shot before i can start complaining
They are planning something, I know, but probably not something I want.

I would love if someone asked if what they are planning has to do with the tamagotchi anime..

I doubt if they will bring tamagotchi anime into this since there are many characters kids here don't know. If T-L.I.F.E. is directed to these nostalgic women anyway then why the hell would they dub the anime?

I doubt if they will bring tamagotchi anime into this since there are many characters kids here don't know. If T-L.I.F.E. is directed to these nostalgic women anyway then why the hell would they dub the anime?
And that's why I don't like this!

Although, I'd wish for this uh... "Nostalgic" crap to be one part of tamagotchi.. And another half aimed towards children would feature new toys and maybe even a anime dub.

Okay.

If you look on their responses to negative comments on their FaceBook page, it's very obvious they are trying to hint that a new Tamagotchi toy will be released.

Also this one the Faq:

Will there be a new Tamagotchi toy in the U.S. anytime soon?

Bandai, the company responsible for the sale of over 78 million Tamagotchis since its November 23, 1996 debut in Japan, considers Tamagotchi a core brand and priority. Bandai is planning an exciting re-launch of Tamagotchi product timed to fit in with a dynamic new strategy.

Stop bombarding them with negativity and complaints, or they might just stop the whole production and not release a new Tamagotchi due to negative feedback from members who just watched that one webisode and decided it was impossible for there to be both L.I.F.E and a new product.

^_^

*Finally decided to check out what this whole Tamagotchi "LIFE" thing is.

Only reaction was this: ._. *facepalm*

I don't care about fashionable clothess. I do not see how that even has to do with Tamagotchi anyways..

*am dissapoint.

Okay.

If you look on their responses to negative comments on their FaceBook page, it's very obvious they are trying to hint that a new Tamagotchi toy will be released.

Also this one the Faq:

Will there be a new Tamagotchi toy in the U.S. anytime soon?

Bandai, the company responsible for the sale of over 78 million Tamagotchis since its November 23, 1996 debut in Japan, considers Tamagotchi a core brand and priority. Bandai is planning an exciting re-launch of Tamagotchi product timed to fit in with a dynamic new strategy.

Stop bombarding them with negativity and complaints, or they might just stop the whole production and not release a new Tamagotchi due to negative feedback from members who just watched that one webisode and decided it was impossible for there to be both L.I.F.E and a new product.

^_^
The best case sceanario would be for BanDai to release new toys for children, while Sync Beatz uh... Does this, uh... Thing, although, if the new toys(If there even are any) are based on the vintages.. Not interested at all.

I was feeling bummed about this at first but I'm starting to get my hopes up. I wonder what this app will have in store for us? I also am starting to believe in the possibilty of a new tama :D

I believe the worst thing about the Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. video is the 2-dimensional Tamagotchi characters with the beeping sounds. Printed on T-Shirts the 2-dimensional characters are probably fine, however to add those characters to a clothing video doesn't look retro it just looks very bad. If they took the 2-dimensional characters off the T-Shirt and gave them life like an anime character that actually talked and interacted with all the scenes then the video would be better. While it doesn't fit our view of Tamagotchi it wouldn't be detrimental to the brand either. However I'm still uncertain how the person in the video is promoting a Tamagotchi lifestyle or has anything to do with Tamagotchi. An Anime series would be much better to promote the brand.

I believe the worst thing about the Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. video is the 2-dimensional Tamagotchi characters with the beeping sounds. Printed on T-Shirts the 2-dimensional characters are probably fine, however to add those characters to a clothing video doesn't look retro it just looks very bad. If they took the 2-dimensional characters off the T-Shirt and gave them life like an anime character that actually talked and interacted with all the scenes then the video would be better. While it doesn't fit our view of Tamagotchi it wouldn't be detrimental to the brand either. However I'm still uncertain how the person in the video is promoting a Tamagotchi lifestyle or has anything to do with Tamagotchi. An Anime series would be much better to promote the brand.
I didn't like it either... it looks like it they just plastered them to be there just to be able to say that it's related to Tamagotchi even though it's light years away from it.

I didn't like it either... it looks like it they just plastered them to be there just to be able to say that it's related to Tamagotchi even though it's light years away from it.
I agree. It looks like it was just thrown in.

I wonder, though, if there *might* be a new Tama that maybe interacts with the app, much like the new Furbies? Sadly I don't own a tablet or smart phone, so if that's the case I cannot be a part of it. Would be worse if the Tama was 'app dependent.' It's like I'm sorry, but not everyone can afford those phones and their outrageous data plans.

I AGREE SO MUCH.

The anime series gives the characters a lot of personality. Here.. Well, they literally seem like dumb animals, which is just BLEH. Heck, even without the anime, they could have at least TRIED to give the characters some depth, like the Video Adventures from the 90s did.

Here.. it feels plastered.. It's as if Sync Beatz was working on a generic lifestyle brand, and they happened to get the tamagotchi license and just SLAP IT ON!

If it's just an App I'm going to be mad. Really mad. For one thing I can't afford smart phones or tablets or anything like that. And even if I could I would in no way consider an app a real tamagotchi nor would I have any interest in raising a Tama on a freaking phone or tablet. I want a real Tama. I wouldn't really mind if they came out with a Tama that interacted with an app like Furby though. Just as long as the app wasn't a requirement to use the Tama.

I really, really hope that there will be an actual Tamagotchi coming out as well, not just some tacky clothes (no offence to anyone who actually likes them, but I really don't like the colours which they have used...) and an App. You know, not everyone can afford to get an iPhone (or an iPod, or whatever)... I also don't get how the video is promoting a Tamagotchi lifestyle when there wasn't a single Tamagotchi (as in the actual Tamagotchi) featured in it. But, on the other side, I was thinking about the whole "Bandai will not let you down!" comment, and thought that maybe they are kinda doing this on purpose? Because there a few hints that there might be a new Tamagotchi coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back