Posting Pictures

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Smile is right. You have to upload your computer files onto a media-hosting site (other good ones include Photo Bucket and Image Shack). Once you do that, the site typically generates either a URL for that particular picture so that you can direct-link it in your posts or an image code (looks a little something like this: [ img ]URL HERE[ /img ], except without the spaces in between the brackets and letters) so that the actual image is embedded in the post.

Please help: how do I get my posted pics smaller? I did manage to post pictures but they are HUGE.... feeling really dumb right now :angry:

Please help: how do I get my posted pics smaller? I did manage to post pictures but they are HUGE.... feeling really dumb right now :angry:
Don't feel dumb! It's a good question. You'd have to re-size your pictures using whatever picture viewer/editor program you have installed on your computer before uploading it onto whatever media-hosting website you use. For instance, when accessing picture files on my computer, they automatically open up in a program called Microsoft Office Picture Manager. From there, I would click on "edit pictures" at the top toolbar, I could crop the picture as I see fit, and then in that same editing area, click on "re-size." I normally size it down to about 50% of the picture's original size. You do have the option to do custom sizing or predefined width x height but the "percentage of original width x height" option is just easier for me.

Another option would be to do the editing right on the media-hosting website itself. I don't know about all the other sites but I know that Photo Bucket has this option. Once you upload your pictures, you can roll over the picture you'd like to re-size, click on "edit," and then certain tools should show up for you, one of which is "re-size." Once you're done re-sizing the picture, be sure to save a copy of it. Here's another tip: after cropping/re-sizing/pasting the image code to the message box on TT, click on "preview post" (or click on "use full editor" which is right next to the "post" button if you're using the "fast reply" option, and THEN click on "preview post") in order to see how the picture is going to look in your post before posting. I hope this wasn't too confusing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back